Forthcoming events at St Thomas Fairford and St Mary's Cricklade
- Lent 2017, Mondays during Lent, 7pm-8:15pm What are you planning to do to mark the Holy Season of Lent this year? The customary ‘giving something up?’ How about doing something extra?
The Parish room in Fairford will be the venue for 5 talks and reflections and discussion sessions. These meetings will be based around the talks given by Henri Nouwen called ‘Being the Beloved’. Each week we will listen to a section of his talk lasting about 15 minutes. Then we will break into small discussion groups and be guided by a leader to reflect and discuss what we have heard. We will finish the evening with a closing prayer. The timings are: Mondays commencing 6 March. Starting around 7pm with tea and coffee and finishing around 8.15. All are invited to attend.
If you feel you’d like to do these sessions in your own home on your own or with a small group of friends, please ask Fr. Michael for a disc and the questions to accompany the talks. For more information contact David and Dee Stevens (Details in the Bulletin)
- The Fairford Gospels, Fridays during Lent, starting at 12.30pm at the United Church, Milton Street, Fairford; see Notice Board for Details.
- Seven Last Words Lenten Reflection, Saturday 8th April, at 3pm At St Thomas’; Seven Last Words is a Lenten reflection comprising of readings based on the writings of Cardinal Hume and the set of string quartets by Haydn. This has proved to be a popular event in the past which we hope you will support. Anyone who would be prepared to read please contact Tony Frewer (for details, see the bulletin). There will be a cup of Tea in the Parish Room after.
- Palm Sunday, Sunday 9th April
- Chrism Mass, Wednesday 12th April, at The Cathedral.
- Good Friday, Friday 14th April
- Holy Saturday, Saturday 15th April
- Easter Sunday, Sunday 16th April
- Ascension Sunday, Sunday 25th May